The Village Administrator is the chief administrator of the Village and is appointed by the Mayor and Village Board. The Village Administrator is directly responsible for the daily management of all Village affairs. Below are just a few of the Village Administrator's responsibilities:
- Overseeing the performance of all Village departments
- Implementing policies and ideas adopted by the Village Board
- Ensuring that all projects, operations, and functions of the Village operate efficiently
- Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed by the Village
- Responding to citizen concerns
The Village Administrator also works to develop the Village's annual budget, works with other administrators in the region, and performs other duties assigned per the request of the Village Board.
Julie Miller, Village Administrator, has been with the Village of Mt. Zion since 1990. She has held the following positions: Office Occupations Student Worker, Public Works Summer Help, Secretary/Receptionist, Village Treasurer and Village Administrator. Julie is a graduate of Mt. Zion High School, Richland Community College and she earned her bachelor's degree in Organizational Leadership from Millikin University. Julie lives with her husband and two children in Mt. Zion.