- Boards & Commissions
- Village Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Trustees
- Village Board Meetings
- Freedom of Information Act
- Public Notices and Press Releases
- Decatur Urbanized Area Transportation Study (DUATS)
- Prevailing Wage Requirements
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Public Works
- Police Department
- Parks & Recreation
- Municipal Aggregation Program
- Sanitation & Recycling
- Water Utilities
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Licenses and Applications
- Contact Us
An ordinance is a law passed by your Village of Mt. Zion government. Ordinances for the Village of Mt. Zion may be found below. (NOTE: For the most up-to-date ordinance changes, please contact Village Hall)
If you have any questions regarding a particular ordinance, please call Village Hall at 864-5424 and we will be happy to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
May I burn trash and leaves inside the village limits?
Burning of landscape waste is allowed in the Village of Mt. Zion as long as it is not a nuisance to your neighbors. Please review Chapter 98 of the Code of Ordinances for more information.
Who do I call about animal related complaints or issues?
The Mt. Zion Police Department is responsible for enforcement of the Animal Control Ordinances. Please contact them at (217) 864-4012 for all animal related issues.