Boil Order Issued for a Portion of Mt. Zion Water Customers
Village of Mt. Zion Issues Boil Order
Boil Water Order in effect beginning Tuesday, May 25, at 11:30 p.m. for a portion of Mt. Zion
Mt. Zion, Illinois (May 25, 2021) – Due to a water main break and repairs, the Village of Mt. Zion is issuing a boil water order beginning Tuesday, May 25th at 11:30 pm through Friday, May 28, 2021 for the following addresses:
- Woodland Drive – Both sides from Wildwood Drive south to Florian Avenue
- Florian Avenue – from Woodland Drive to Public Works Lane
- Whitetail Circle – Both sides
- Fawn Court – Both sides
- Antler Drive – Both sides
- Bucks Lair Ct – Both sides
- Wildwood Drive – Both sides from Woodland Drive east to dead end
- Ridgewood Court, Sherwood Court, Brentwood Court, Fleetwood Court & Oakcrest Court
This boil water order will be in effect for several days. Please note, the boil water order remains in effect until customers are notified that is has been lifted.
Until then, customers should bring their water to a rolling boil for 5 minutes before using water for drinking or cooking. Water is OK for bathing, washing and other common uses. For more information about boil water orders please visit:
Customers are being notified about the boil water order via media outreach and the Village of Mt. Zion’s website updates and alerts at www.mtzion.com. Information is also provided to our customer service center representatives that can be reached between 7:30 am – 4:00 pm each weekday at (217) 864-5424. Notification will be completed in the same manner when the boil water order is lifted or should additional action be required.
Landlords who handle the water service account for their tenants should pass on this information to their tenants.