- Boards & Commissions
- Village Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Trustees
- Village Board Meetings
- Open Records
- Public Notices and Press Releases
- Decatur Urbananized Area Transportation Study (DUATS)
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Public Works
- Police Department
- Parks & Recreation
- Municipal Aggregation Program
- Sanitation & Recycling
- Water Utilities
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
New Recycling Toters Available
The Village of Mt. Zion recognizes the importance of recycling but at the same time understands that not everyone wants to recycle. Therefore, recycling is optional in the Village of Mt. Zion and has been added as a service available to Mt. Zion residents at no additional cost.
Mt. Zion's curbside recycling program is a single stream program. What does that mean? It means that recyclable materials do NOT need to be sorted. Simply place the recyclable material in the provided bin and leave it by the curb on your designated pick-up day. It's that easy and the Village of Mt. Zion encourages all residents to participate in the recycling program.
Effective January 1, 2018 all residential haulers of garbage for the Village of Mt. Zion are required to provide a recycling bin/toter to each residence upon request at no cost to the resident. The large bin/toters must have a lid to help prevent spillage and blowing of debris. Each licensed hauler within the Village of Mt. Zion is required to provide the following services for a maximum of $22.75 per month charge.
- Twice a week garbage pick-up
- Once a week recycling pick-up (hauler must provide bin at no cost to the customer)
- Once a week yardwaste pick-up (seasonal)
CLICK HERE for a list of acceptable recyclable materials.